Get from Point A to Point BUse MapQuest to get quick and easy directions for whether you're driving, walking, or biking. You can also view current traffic conditions, find a nearby business or restaurant to help plan your trip!
- Click on Get Directions from the left panel
- Enter your starting location in the top or ‘A’ search box and enter your ending location in the ‘B’ search box
- Select the type of directions you would like by clicking on either the car, transit, bicycle, or walking icon located above the starting search box (By default, driving directions will be generated.)
- Click on the green Get Directions button
- Your directions will display in list form on the left side and your route will be highlighted in blue on the map
Note: You may enter an address as a single line including the address, street, city, state and/or zip code - To learn more on how to search on MapQuest, click here
Edit Your Route OptionsWant to avoid tollways? Optimize your route by shortest distance?
- Select the Options link below your ending destination
- Make your selections based on your trip preferences
- Click on; Get Directions to generate your customized route
Select a Suggested RouteMapQuest automatically generates and displays up to two alternate routes where available. You can preview all the routes and choose the one that best suits your preferences.
- Preview an Alternate Route
- Hover your mouse over any suggested route on the left panel.
- The route displays on your map, highlighted in red
- Selecting an Alternate Route
- Click on the desired suggested route to make it the active route. Your directions and map will update to reflect the new route
- Original routes are available in the Suggested Routes list and can be retrieved any time
Please note: Alternate routes are only calculated for two stop routes. If you generate a route that has more than two stops, alternate routes are not shown
Tips & Tricks
You may enter an address as a single line including the address, street, city, state and/or zip code - To learn more on how to search on MapQuest, click here